Ref. site: www.metalpass.com
Level1, Level 2, Level 3
Roll Pass Design
Mill Force & Power
|Steel Mill Process Modeling & Automation
This is an introduction of online resources for the steel mill process modeling and automation. Primary resources referenced are such as www.metalpass.com, www.steelengineer.com.
TECH PAPERS ON IT & AUTOMATION
The IT & Automation section of MetalPass.com consists of several sub-sections as follows, each hosting up to dozens of technical papers, documents and other types of resources:
- Control & Inspection: http://www.metalpass.com/metaldoc/index.aspx?CatID=16
- Automation: http://www.metalpass.com/metaldoc/index.aspx?CatID=17
- Simulation: http://www.metalpass.com/metaldoc/index.aspx?CatID=18
- E-Business: http://www.metalpass.com/metaldoc/index.aspx?CatID=20
- Info Tech: http://www.metalpass.com/metaldoc/index.aspx?CatID=21
- Others: http://www.metalpass.com/metaldoc/index.aspx?CatID=36
Roll Design: AutoForm
With its full-automatic, easy-to-use features, only need basic operation parameters are needed to be filled to the web form, and the system will run the loop for trial-and-error to design every parameter (http://www.metalpass.com/rolldesign). Applications consist of
- Round-Oval-Round (2 Passes)
- Square-Diamond-Square (2 Passes)
- Billet-Box-Square-Oval-Round (4-pass roughing train)
Roll Design: FreeForm
Provides full freedom of trial-and-error design for the pass and groove parameters. For every trial, the system calculates spread, forward slip, roll RPM, and all other critical parameters. Two packages are currently available (http://www.metalpass.com/freeform):
- Round-Oval-Round (Up to 30 Passes)
- Square-Diamond-Square (Up to 30 Passes)
Rolling Mill Load and Power Requirements
9 programs, covers Round, Oval, Square, Box, Square, Diamond sequences and General Passes (http://www.metalpass.com/millload).
Temperature during Rolling and Controlled Cooling
Finite-Differential Method for rod cross-sectional temperature profile over time and length, during rolling, water box cooling and air cooling (http://www.metalpass.com/cool).
The Software Database section (http://www.metalpass.com/software) lists about 2000 metal, steel or engineering related software programs/packages.
Metal: Metal & Metallurgy, Metal Casting, Forming and Treating, etc.
Automation: 8 categories such as Artificial Intelligence, Operator Interface, data acquisition, Process Control and Monitoring, Process Optimization, etc.
Process Modeling and Simulation: Finite Element Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Simulation, CAD Software.
METAL PATENTS / STEEL PATENTS COLLECTION
A collection of over 15000 metal/steel related patents, see http://www.metalpass.com/patent
- Rod & Bar, Strip & Plate, Section & Pipe
- Forming, Casting, Powder Metallurgy, Steelmaking, Steels, Alloys
- Fuzzy Logic, Neural Network, AI, Automation, Supervisory Control, FEM, CNC, etc.
MILL AUTOMATION AND COMPUTER APPLICATION series
I. Introduction to Computer Applications in Steel Industry
II. Technical Review on the Computer Integration
III. Computer Integrated Automation Systems in Steel Industry
IV. Implementation of Level 2 Systems
V. Miscellaneous Applications
For detailed categories, visit http://www.metalpass.com/metaldoc/paper.aspx?docID=383
Flow Stress: http://www.metalpass.com/flowstress
Steel Business Data: http://www.metalpass.com/biz
Metal Dictionary - Tech Terms: http://www.metalpass.com/techterms
Metal Dictionary - Translation: http://www.metalpass.com/translate
Email us at: email@example.com
Visit us at: http://www.metalpass.com/metalpass/itautomation.aspx